— Our School —
Founded by seven communities of Catholic sisters and several lay women in 1999, Marian Middle School is the only all-girls private middle school in the St. Louis community serving urban adolescent youth in a faith-based environment. As a NativityMiguel model school, Marian:
- serves families from lower-income backgrounds,
- provides holistic and faith-based education,
- extends the school day and year,
- partners with the family,
- commits beyond graduation,
- engages in a process of ongoing assessment, and
- governs with strong leadership and effective practices.
Marian Middle School, a Catholic school serving adolescent girls of all religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, is committed to breaking the cycle of poverty by fostering their spiritual, academic, social, moral, emotional, and physical development in preparation for and successful completion of college preparatory high schools.
- Marian is a leader in providing life-altering education to urban girls on their journey towards self-discovery.
- Marian alumnae graduate from high-performing secondary schools ready for success in higher education and the workplace.
- Marian alumnae are accomplished leaders equipped to make informed decisions and create enduring, positive change.
While respecting the religious tradition and heritage of each of our students, Marian Middle School, founded on Christian values reflected in the Gospels, manifests those values in all our efforts and models what it means to live life grounded in living one’s faith.
Marian Middle School’s programs emphasize an academic foundation and offer a full range of educational opportunities to enable alumnae to choose a high school with a strong college preparatory program. Students learn communication, critical-thinking, problem solving, leadership, and life skills, and thereby develop a strong sense of self-worth and confidence in their ability to overcome personal obstacles.
Family and Community Spirit
Marian Middle School promotes family values and provides opportunities for each student to be a good family member as well as to reach out and serve the larger community in which her family resides.
Respect for the Uniqueness of the Individual
Marian Middle School fosters a genuine respect for all individuals and recognizes each person as an unrepeatable creation of our loving God with unique, valued qualities.
Service to Foster Justice, Peace, and Equality
Marian Middle School is grounded in respect for fair and just treatment of all and in building healthy relationships in a harmonious setting.
- Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul
- “To serve the poor is to serve Jesus Christ. O my daughters, how true this is.” ~Vincent de Paul, founder
- Franciscan Sisters of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- “No place too far, no service too humble, no person too lowly.” ~Ernestine & Hilaria Matz, Solana Leczna, foundresses
- School Sisters of Notre Dame Central Pacific Province
- “When I teach what I must instruct them in, I will have to first learn and practice myself…Only by love will we win the love of the children.” ~Therese of Jesus Gerhardinger, foundress
- Sisters of Loretto
- “Love one another, have only one heart, one soul, one mind. You must all be united and pull in the same way: you must consult with one another and carry on everything as best you can.” ~Charles Nerinckx, founder
- Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
- “Do whatever you have to for the benefit of the neighbor with the same feeling of devotion and charity as though you were serving Christ Jesus Himself or his holy Mother.” ~ Jean Pierre Medaille SJ, founder
- Sisters of the Most Precious Blood
- “Every person is precious, as precious as the Blood of Christ.” ~Theresa Weber, foundress
- Ursuline Sisters of the Roman Union
- Have each engraved on your mind and heart.” ~Angela Merici, foundress